Now available: Inclusion Services for Children wanting to participate in Swimming Lessons – The City of Belleville will partner your child with a volunteer so they can participate in regular swimming lessons. Contact the Aquatics Coordinator for more information at 613-967-3200 x 3823.
Download: Fall 2019 & Winter 2020 Playbook – Aquatics Pages or click to the right of this page for a complete listing of our programs.
Click here for the Recreational Swim Schedule
Public Swims: Everyone is welcome to come out and have fun at the pool! Lanes may be available for lap swimming, if space allows.
Family Swims (not all pools open): Come swimming with the whole family! All children under the age 16 must be accompanied by an adult who remains in the pool with them.
Therapy Open Swims: Come enjoy the warmth of the therapy pool, sit by the jets or take a swim in the lanes. Fully wheelchair accessible and is great for relaxing! Please be mindful of swimmers doing therapy. No balls, tubes or boisterous play.
Lane Swims: Come and do some laps in the slow, medium or fast lanes. The number of lanes available vary depending on the programs in the pool.
Senior’s Swims: Enjoy a swim in our Therapy pool while you chat with friends! 1/2 of main pool may be used for other programs or school groups.
Pool Admissions Policy
• All non-swimmers must remain in the shallow end. Flotation devices are not allowed in the deep end.
• Any child under 7 years must have a parent/guardian within arms reach at ALL times.
• Children between the ages of 7-9 years must pass the facility swim test otherwise they are required to have a parent/
guardian within arms reach
• Children between the ages of 7-9 years who can pass the facility swim test, require a parent/guardian to remain in the
aquatic facility at all times. All rental groups are responsible for having Emergency contact information for all participants (forms provided)
• Any child swimming alone in the facility must be a minimum of 10 years of age.
• All swimmers will be required to wear a coloured wristband (red, yellow, green) while swimming, as outlined in diagrams above.
Serious Medical Conditions: Those with serious medical conditions should be accompanied by an individual knowledgeable of their condition and responsible for their direct supervision.
What to wear? Proper bathing attire means bathing attire only. Sorry, no street clothes, shoes or undergarments. We ask that people please tie back long hair while swimming. Please wear proper footwear outside of the pool. No bare feet outside of the pool deck or change rooms. All children not toilet trained must wear an article of clothing (with elastic legs) and/or a swim diaper that will keep fecal matter contained in the event of a fouling. These can be purchased at our customer service desk for $2.50. No disposable diapers are permitted. No Cell Phones Permitted on the pool deck.
Pool Foulings: In the event of a pool fouling, we must close the pool to properly sanitize the water. Unfortunately these events are unpredictable and the pool can be closed anywhere from 1 hour to 13 hours. Health Department Regulations: These regulations are posted on the entrance to the pool deck and on the pool deck and must be followed. Showers are mandatory prior to entry and
re-entry to the pool by all bathers.
Lane Swimming Etiquette: (Updated Winter 2019)
- Lane swims may and probably will be shared with other swimmers. To book a private lane at $15.75/hour at one of
our rental times, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Swim in an empty lane if there is one available
- The moment a 3rd swimmer enters your lane, you are required to swim in a counter-clockwise circle
- If you need to share a lane, let the swimmer/swimmers already in the lane know you’re getting in by dangling your
foot in the pool or sitting on the edge
- Choose a lane with swimmers who are swimming your own pace. Always swim in a counter-clockwise circle
- When passing a swimmer, ensure that no one is coming towards you on the opposite side of the lane. Pass the
swimmer and then return to your own side. If you need to rest, wait in the corner of your lane and allow other
swimmers to pass. Do not speed up if someone tries to pass you. Do not swim directly behind the swimmer ahead of
you, as this may result in injuries.
- Do not use another swimmer’s equipment unless they give you permission to do so. Be polite. Explain lane swimming etiquette to other swimmers in a courteous manner. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to ask a lifeguard.
Pool Closure Dates Due To Holidays, Maintenance and Swim Meets:
August 24 to September 15, 2019 (Annual Pool Closure)
October 14, October 31 at 4:00 p.m.
November 22 at 4:00 p.m., November 23-34, November 26 11:00 a.m – 5:00 p.m.
December 24 at 10:45 a.m., December 25, 26, December 31 at 10:45 a.m.
January 1, 2020, January 10 from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., January 11, 12, January 29 from 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
February 12 from 8:00 am – 4:00 p.m. (Snow date Feb 13)
February 15, 16, February 19 from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Snow date Feb 20)
March 13, 14, 15
March 30th & 31st from 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Holiday Pool Schedule – October 12, 13, November 11
10:30am – 12:00pm – Public Swim & Lane Swim
12:30pm – 2:00pm – Public Swim & Lane Swim
2:30pm – 3:55pm – Public Swim & Lane Swim
Swimmers are required to pay for each individual swim if wanting to attend more than
PA Day Extra Swims
1:00 – 2:00pm & 3:00 – 4:00pm
Only Main Pool & Preschool Pool are Open
Check www.qswc.ca for updates
Change room Closures for Cleaning
The following changerooms will be closed for cleaning and maintenance:
Men’s: 5:00-9:00am 1st Tuesday of each month (you can use the family changeroom – there is no public nudity)
Women’s: 5:00-9:00am 2nd Tuesday of each month (you can use the family changeroom – there is no public nudity)
Family: 5:00-9:00am 3rd Tuesday of each month (you can use the men’s or women’s)
General Swimming Lesson Information
- Please note that where age is a pre-requisite for a program, participants must be the correct age by the first day of the program
- We ask that your child not eat one hour prior to their lesson
- If your child is ill, please do not bring them to their lesson
- All un-toilet trained children must wear a rubber pant or swim diaper under their bathing suit
- Protection must be worn to prevent fouling of the pool and disposable diapers are not allowed
- Swim diapers can be purchased at our customer service desk for a cost of $2.50 each
- Should someone vomit or defecate in the pool, we are required to close the pool
- Please do not bring any nut products
- Make up lessons will only be done for private lessons or if we have to close the pool due to unforeseen circumstances
- Food, beverages and outdoor footwear are not allowed on the pool deck
- Classes may be cancelled one week prior to their start date due to low registration or may be combined with another level. If your class is cancelled, you will receive a phone call
- Everyone must take a shower before entering the pool. If you have longer hair please tie it back before entering the
- Your child may need to repeat a level to ensure they have mastered all the required skills
- Please register for a FREE Wellness Passport for access into the pool change room area
- Parents are asked to watch lessons from our 2nd floor viewing area unless prior arrangements have been made
with the supervisor
- We have a no camera policy in the pool area however you will have an opportunity on the last day of lessons to get a
picture of your child
- Thank you for helping us keep the pool area clean
We hope that you enjoy your lessons with Belleville Recreation, Culture & Community Services. If you have any questions, you can reach us at 613-966-4632.
Red Cross Swimming Lesson Information
Aqua Fitness Programs
Parkinson ’s & Movement Disorder Therapy Fitness : This therapeutic class is for anyone with neuromuscular movement disorders such as MS, Stroke, Huntingtons Disease or Parkinson’s. This class will work on slow movements, increasing balance and will utilized a variety of equipment to assist you during the class. We suggest participants bring someone who can assist them in the pool, free of charge.
Aqua Fitness & Senior ’s Aqua Fitness:
This class is taught in our Main Pool and offers a full body workout. Equipment such as pool noodles and dumbbells may be used as well as a variety of intensity levels for all fitness levels. Get ready to dance, jump and splash your way to a healthy lifestyle.
Therapy Fitness: This class is taught in our Therapy Pool where the water temperature is kept at 90 degrees. The class focuses on range of motion, flexibility and gentle exercises for muscle tone.
Deep Aqua Fitness : This class is taught in the deep end of the Main Pool and is the best class for getting into shape. Stay afloat by using an aqua belt or noodle and feel your muscles burn!
Aqua Mind & Body : This class taught in the therapeutic pool will explore movements taken from the disciplines of Tai Chi,
Yoga or Pilates to help control breathing, increase flexibility, core stability, coordination, and muscular endurance. Enhance your
posture using the relaxing and healing properties of water.
Aqua Cross Training : This class is taught in the main pool and you will use steps, gloves, fins and receive a full body workout including increasing balance, strength and flexibility.
Crunch your Lunch : Come at lunch time and workout your full body by using your core muscles.
Aqua Zumba ®: A party in the pool! The feel of a tropical destination! Join the party with an effective water-based workout
that blends high-energy Zumba® moves with low-impact aqua fitness. It will leave you feeling great!
Arthritis & Fibromyalgia Fitness : This class is taught in our Therapy Pool where the water temperature is kept at 90
degrees. The class focuses on range of motion, flexibility and gentle exercises for muscle tone specific to participants that
have Arthritis or Fibromyalgia.
If you are unsure whether your program is running, if you are dropping into a program or during inclement weather, please check www.qswc.ca for cancellations.
Click here for the Recreational Swim Schedule & Aqua Fitness Schedule