Completed in the summer of 2012 the Quinte Sports & Wellness Centre provides Belleville and the surrounding area with a state-of-the-art multipurpose centre. Featuring: four ice pads – aquatic centre – a multi-use gymnasium – public lounge – community space – 50+ Centre – three fitness studios – youth drop in room – multipurpose room – indoor heated walking track – social & cultural spaces – meeting rooms – customer service counter with public and tourist information – and expanded parking with enhanced entrances. The Quinte Sports & Wellness Centre is capable of serving the community’s recreational and leisure needs all in one convenient location.
We want to hear from you!
Members of the public are encouraged to submit feedback regarding their experiences with any aspect of accessibility and inclusion in our community. Generating feedback is an important tool to help identify barriers to accessibility, and to guide the Council and staff of the City of Belleville in our daily operations and planning for a more inclusive community.
There are a variety of ways you can submit feedback:
- Official feedback form can be printed off the City’s municipal website or obtained from City Hall. Completed feedback forms can be submitted to any staff member by email, mail, fax, or dropped off at City Hall.
- Feedback can also be given by phone: 613-967-3200 or TTY: 613-967-3768 and a City staff member will document the complaint/suggestion to be passed on to the appropriate departments
- By Fax: 613-967-3226
- In Person or By Mail: The City of Belleville, City Hall, 169 Front Street, Belleville, ON K8N 2Y8
- Online: (currently in development)
Please take the opportunity to submit your thoughts using our Accessibility Feedback Form.
City Hall: 613-967-3768
Human Resources: 613-966-2680
Recreation, Culture & Community Services: 613-771-9781
Our Accessibility Policy
The City of Belleville is committed to providing outstanding accessible service for its customers. Goods and services will be provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of all customers. The provision of services to persons with disabilities will be integrated wherever possible. Persons with disabilities will be given opportunities equal to those given to others, to obtain, use or benefit from the goods and services provided by and on behalf of the City.
The Ontario Building Code
The Ontario Building Code is a collection of regulations and requirements, which pertain to specific subjects that regulate specific practices such as designing, constructing or remodeling buildings.
The new building expansion within the Quinte Sports & Wellness Centre was designed to meet the specifications of the current Ontario Building Code. In many areas of the building, features were actually built to exceed Ontario Building Code standards. This has helped to make the Quinte Sports & Wellness Centre one of the most highly accessible and progressive facilities in Belleville and the surrounding area.
Accessibility Features at the Quinte Sports & Wellness Centre
Accessibility features at the Quinte Sports & Wellness Centre were designed to address the concerns people with disabilities may have, including: safety, customer service, way finding, parking, sidewalk accessibility, complex entrances and level changes.
The following are the many features incorporated into the Quinte Sports & Wellness Centre to make everyone’s visit a positive and pleasurable experience:
• The Quinte Sports & Wellness Centre, both inside and outside has been fitted with consistent, easy to read and highly visible wayfinding signage to ease navigation throughout the centre.
• An enhanced emergency alert system augmented with visual and audio alert through the TV screens and the PA system has been installed centre wide, allowing for important emergency messaging to be communicated to all individuals within the centre.
• Accessible ramps allow for the connection of high and low areas within the main concourse, while an elevator located conveniently near the Customer Service Desk allows for persons with limited mobility to access the second floor of the centre.
• The parking lot contains 26 accessible parking spots. The parking lot located at the east entrance to the complex is barrier free and contains a designated drop off area located directly in front of the main entrance. This area in front of the main office is heated, to eliminate any danger of slipping posed during the icy winter months. Entrance into the complex is made easy through large, automatic dual sliding doors. The original entrance is also barrier free and is heated to prevent ice and snow buildup in the winter.
• All meeting rooms within the Quinte Sports & Wellness Centre have been designed to be fully accessible.
Templeman Aquatic Centre
The aquatic centre contains three pools (Main, Therapy and Preschool), all of which are zero threshold entry. Ramp access and a magnetic hold door make accessing the aquatic centre simple. Both the main pool and therapy pool have ramp access with railings, while the preschool pool contains a seamless beach entry. The facility also has water wheelchairs and pool chairs, to allow everyone to participate in aquatic activities.
A fully accessible spectator area on the second floor of the Templeman Aquatic Centre offers the ability for all to enjoy a variety of aquatic activities.
Washrooms & Change Rooms
• Fully accessible stalls with grab bars at the back and side per standard have been installed in all washroom areas. The first floor change rooms are equipped with fully accessible showers and two banks of lockers lower on the wall.
• Change rooms have wide entrance doors, for easy access, and door free bathroom entries, while bathroom stalls contain self closing doors.
• Family change rooms are complete with change stalls, accessible showers and two private change areas complete with adult change tables and accessible showers.
• The Workout Studio has been designed to have all accessible equipment in the same location for easy navigation by wheelchair or other assistive devices. The studio includes equipment that is accessible and can be used while seated in a wheelchair, as well as equipment that will meet the needs of persons with other disabilities.
• Both the Yoga and Aerobics Studios are fully accessible.
• All dressing rooms are designed with accessible washroom and shower facilities.
• Both Family Dental Centre Arena and Mackay Insurance Arena are equipped with interchangeable benches, bench boards and doors allowing for easy conversion to accommodate sledge hockey groups.
• Mackay Arena and FDC Arena have ramps allowing for easy entry into and out of the spectator areas for those wishing to watch on ice events. Wally Dever Arena has a ramp for accessible viewing.
We look forward to serving you!
For more information on the Quinte Sports & Wellness Centre and the many programs and services we offer please contact us:
Corporation of the City of Belleville
Recreation, Culture & Community Services
265 Cannifton Road