Why is it important?
We believe that all residents of Belleville should be given the opportunity to enjoy the many benefits of participating in recreation activities, regardless of their financial situation.
Who can apply?
If you live in Belleville, you can apply. Subsidies are available for 25% to 75% off the cost of the program based on income. Subsidy expires June 30 of each year.
What is available for subsidy?
If approved, the applicant will be eligible to register for the following programs/workshops:
- Summer camps
- March Break Camp, PA Day Camps and Holiday Camps (extra hours are not included)
- Group aquatic lessons
- Group skating lessons
- Health & Wellness programs/workshops
- Special Interest programs/workshops
- Up to 50% off Workout Studio, Gym, Swim and Skate Passes, Aqua Fitness and Land Fitness Passes
- Private and Semi-private lessons, advanced courses and supplies are not eligible for subsidy
Programs must have the minimum required number of participants enrolled in order for it to run.
How to apply
First Time Applicants
- Get your application form online at qswc.ca or at the Quinte Sports and Wellness Centre, 265 Cannifton Road;
- Call 613-966-4632 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your appointment;
- You will be contacted within 10 business days to confirm your appointment;
- Bring your required paperwork to the meeting;
- One piece of photo identification that shows current address or photo identification and proof of current address; and
- Notice of Assessment (from Revenue Canada) or Ontario Disability Support Program or Ontario Works statement or Goods and Services Tax Assessment or Child Tax Credit Assessment Form
- Get your application form online or at the Quinte Sports and Wellness Centre, 265 Cannifton Road;
- Submit completed application, proof of income and address. An appointment is not required.
Additional Community Subsidy Resources